Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mayse Jane Pfaller

And it's a girl! We're having a girl! Probably the most important picture we got from the ultrasound, after reassurance that all the other images showed a perfectly healthy baby, is the one below. The tech didn't even have to tell us, as soon as I saw this one I screamed- "A GIRL!!!"
She just smiled and nodded! Jeff looked a little rueful, but only because he had bet me that we were having a boy. Heeeheheheheheheee...

Visions of shopping for pink and frilly things fill my head, and I shockingly realize that I am no longer the same person who swore up and down that my little girl would NOT be frilly. I think it's because I had a boy- who gangs up on me with his daddy- first and got to watch all my friends dress up their doll like daughters...

Miles, just like Daddy, was SURE the baby was going to be a boy. So when we found out she was a she, we were afraid Miles might be reluctant or upset. Pretty much he's been indifferent now that he knows, but still keeps telling everyone at school that his sister will be named Munroe, the name we had picked out for a boy. He did his first act as an official brother by picking out an adorable pink sun bonnet to give his sister on her birthday. We can't wait!

Again, the 3D images amaze me but also creep me out. Because the baby doesn't have any fat under her skin yet, she appears all lumpy. But wow... and she has MY nose! I predict that she will look just like Jeff, except for the nose. What a pair we will have!



2 comments: